The Vinton Historical Museum donated this replica of the original Glade Creek Union Church to the Botetourt County Historical Museum. It was handmade by Layman Williamson. The interior has a light so the furnishings can be viewed. It is upstairs in the Frontier Gallery in the Botetourt Museum. The Rev. Merryman Lunsford served as its first pastor from 1829-1832. Baptist, Lutherans, Methodists, and Old Order Dunkards (Brethren) who settled in the Blue Ridge area worshipped there together. In 1856, a brick church was built to replace the log church. During the Civil War, it served as a hospital. Today,a new brick church sits on the same site on Webster Road. Another brick replica made by Layman Williamson was donated by the Botetourt Museum to today’s Glade Creek Baptist Church.