This is a rare glazed redware jar that is attributed to the Henkel-Spigle Pottery of Botetourt County, circa 1830-1850. It is the largest known piece made by Joseph Henkel (Hinkle). The surface has elaborate incised banding with a combed wave decoration. It has distinctive applied strap handles and is glazed with lead and iron oxide. Yvette B. Beheler donated this artifact to the Botetourt Historical Museum in Fincastle.