This circa 1745 plate is thought to have been brought to Botetourt from England. It belonged to Frances Harvey Carper. This fragment was donated to the Botetourt History Museum by Mr. and Mrs. Robert Weir Thompson. It is a large piece of china and is on display. The BCHS Museum is now open on Sundays from 2-4 p.m. and all other days from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.