At one time, Botetourt County had a college that merged and became Bridgewater College in 1924. Daleville College began in 1910 and was located behind what is now First Bank. Along Roanoke Road (Rt. 220) is a historical marker that tells the story. Some of the buildings are now apartments. This diploma was given to Chester Claude Shelburne on June 1, 1916. It was donated to the Botetourt History Museum by his family. There is more information in the current BCHS newsletter, which is available at the museum. The museum is open every day but Sunday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and located at 26 East Main Street, Fincastle.