This eight-day mantel clock was manufactured in 1857 by Elias Ingraham in Bristol, Conn., and has all of its working parts. The design entails two round circles, each with a hinged door. The clock face with Roman numerals is on top and the bottom circle surrounded in green has a beautifully etched flower arrangement. It was donated to the Botetourt County Historical Museum by Angela Coon’s first cousin, Bertha Cundiff, on December 22, 2021. The clock was used by the Utz family during their residence at “Wiloma” in Fincastle. More information on this historic home can be found online.
Leave a Reply