This ten-foot by five-foot walnut display case was moved from the upstairs of the former Botetourt County History Museum behind the Courthouse in 2022. It was carried down the steps at 3 West Main Street and up the stairs to the present location at 26 East Main Street. With its size, weight and glass, the task became easier when Lawrence Moving Company discovered that the legs could be removed. Lee Harold Robertson (1933-1997) donated the case to the Botetourt History Museum one month before he died of a massive heart attack. Harold had been with the Virginia Supreme Court for 13 years and his main office was located in the Old Jail building in Courthouse Square. He was also the 25th Judicial District Magistrate for Botetourt, six other counties and six cities. He was an antique dealer, appraiser and lived in Fincastle.
~ Botetourt Museum of History & Culture