There will be a parade and fireworks Sunday in Buchanan to commemorate the Fourth of July.
The Buchanan Volunteer Fire Department will hold its annual Fourth of July Parade at 6 p.m. (lineup is at 5 p.m. on South Main Street).
Firework are at 11 p.m. on the Carnival Grounds at the end of the Buchanan Carnival.
The parade will follow the traditional route north on Main Street to Lowe Street then head for the Carnival Grounds.
The Firemen’s Carnival chicken BBQ also is Sunday. Chicken will be available on the Carnival Grounds beginning at 11 a.m.
The Buchanan Firemen’s Carnival continues through Sunday with rides, games, food and live music each evening.
The entertainment schedule includes:
• Wednesday, June 30—Karaoke and 50’s Night by Randy Riddle
• Thursday, July 1—Charlie Miller Band
• Friday, July 2—Moonshine Express and Tri-County Cloggers
• Saturday, July 3—Croatan Sound Band and Rebels of Rhythm Cloggers
• Sunday, July 4—7 Mile Ford