- Sandra and Ernie Hutchens are Buchanan Parade Marshals – Buchanan’s 67th Community Carnival Parade Marshals are Sandra and Ernie Hutchens. As owners and operators of Sandra’s Marking Company since 1985, the family-owned business has installed more than 25 million feet of highway markings. The couple has built a successful business that has been known for than 30 years for its exceptional service and quality products.
Ernie and Sandra are also known for their kindness and generosity throughout the community. The couple prefers to do their kind deeds behind the scenes with no fanfare. The community is proud of Sandra and Ernie for their accomplishments, and grateful for their philanthropic activities.
- Buchanan Community Carnival Big Prize Tickets – Buchanan Community Carnival Big Prize Tickets are available at the Main Office at the Entrance Gate of the Town Park during Carnival hours each evening. Prizes will be drawn for every evening except Sunday, July 4, beginning July 1 continuing thru July 10. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- 67th Buchanan Community Carnival Parade on Saturday, July 3 – Be a participant in the parade by registering in advance at the Buchanan Town Hall, 254-1212, then show up for line lp on Main Street near the old Groendyk property at 4 p.m. The Botetourt County Sheriff’s Department will be detouring traffic to Lowe Street as Main Street will close for line up and the parade.
If you being part of the parade line up is not your plans, join hundreds lining Main Street to cheer the fire trucks, rescue squad units, floats, marching units and vehicles making their way up Main Street when the parade begins at 5 p.m. For additional information, call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- Buchanan Community Carnival Chicken BBQ – Enjoy an old fashioned chicken barbeque meal prepared by members of the Buchanan Volunteer Fire Department and other volunteers from the community. The meal consists of half of a chicken, slow cooked with secret seasonings until it is fall-off-the-bone tender, served with baked beans, cole slaw and a dinner roll. Meals will be available for purchase from the Food Concession Stand on the Buchanan Town Park beginning at 11 a.m. until they are all sold out.
- Buchanan Community Carnival Fireworks – Celebrate America’s Independence a day early on Saturday, July 3 by attending the Buchanan Community Carnival and watching the fireworks which begin at 10 p.m. Buchanan thanks Burleigh Gilliam, who has headed up the Buchanan fireworks for more than 40 years. Gilliam is helped by his sons and a team of volunteers who will be showcasing their talents during this year’s Buchanan Fireworks Display on Saturday, July 3 at 10 p.m.
- Buchanan Community Carnival – Make memories with your family during the 67th Buchanan Community Carnival. The carnival opens on Thursday, July 1 at 6 p.m. with food stands offering your favorite carnival foods including Carnival burgers, hot dogs, petros, ice cream and the famous Carnival Fries. At 6:30 p.m. Cole Amusements will open the midway games and rides. Wristband specials are Thursday, July 1, Monday and Tuesday, July 5 and 6 for $15. The carnival continues through Saturday, July 10. The Carnival is closed on Sunday, July 4. For additional information check the town website, Facebook page or call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.