Daleville/Fincastle Lions Club meetings
Daleville/Fincastle Lions Club members meet at 12 noon on the first and third Wednesday of each month at The Glebe. The next meetings will be on March 1 and 15. The club welcomes anyone interested in serving the community. If you would like more information, contact Lion Marian Bullard. (540) 581-4682.
Garden planning, planting program in Buchanan
Master Gardener Volunteer Donna Haley will be at the Buchanan Library on March 3 at 1 p.m. with a program on “Planning Your Spring Garden.” It ‘s time to start planning and then planting a vegetable garden so that you are able to enjoy the vegetables of spring and early summer. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Buchanan Library. The library is located at 19795 Main Street; 928-3005. The program is free and everyone is invited.
‘Moana’ is March movie at libraries
Botetourt County libraries will show the film “Moana” in March.
Young navigator Moana (voice of Auli’i Cravalho), the daughter of a Polynesian tribal chief, is chosen to find a precious artifact that could save her people. She teams with demigod Maui (Dwayne Johnson) to locate a legendary island, and together the pair explores fantastical lands and encounter incredible sea creatures in this animated adventure from Disney.
The movie is rated PG and runs for 113 minutes. Dates are: Thursday, March 9 at 4, Blue Ridge; Saturday, March 11 at 10, Eagle Rock; Wednesday, March 15 at 4, Fincastle and Thursday, March 16 at 4, Buchanan. All movies are free and snacks will be provided.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
• Garden Vendors Wanted – The Town of Buchanan is accepting garden vendor applications for the third annual Buchanan Garden Festival scheduled for Saturday, May 13. Applications are available online at www.townofbuchanan.com or from the Buchanan Town Hall. If you have “garden-themed” items including plants, flowers, outdoor living, handmade crafts, antiques or art with a flower or garden theme, this event offers an opportunity to display and sell those items. For additional information, contact the Buchanan Downtown Revitalization Program at 254-1212, Ext. 4.
• Buchanan Special Events Committee Meeting – The public is invited to join the committee as it works out details for upcoming activities such as the Buchanan Garden Festival, Third Fridays Block Parties and more. Members will meet Wednesday, March 8 at 7 p.m. in the Buchanan Town Hall. For additional information call 254-1212, Ext. 4.
• Coloring & Coffee – Gallery By the James invites the public to Sunday afternoons for Coloring & Coffee where adults can enjoy a coloring session with others and make new friends. There is a $5 materials fee for original works to color. Upcoming dates and times include: Sundays, March 19 April 16 and May 21, with sessions fro 2:30-4:30 p.m. For additional information, call 254-9708.
• Buchanan Lions Club – Members meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Members will meet at North Star Restaurant on Thursdays, March 9 and 23.
• Second Sunday Dinner – Enjoy dining in the historic Wilson Warehouse on Sunday, March 12 from 12 noon until 2 p.m. Dine in or carry out meals are $10 per person with proceeds going toward maintenance of the historic Wilson Warehouse/Community House.
Buchanan Book Club meeting
The Buchanan Library Book Club will meet again at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 1, in the library meeting room. Members will each share the humorous books chosen for this month’s reading. Anyone interested is invited to join, event if they have not read a book of this type. The librarian has pulled some books and set them aside for a quick read. Refreshments will be served.