Springwood Food Pantry open Saturday
The Springwood Baptist Food Pantry will be open on Saturday, July 17, from 9-11 a.m. The pantry is located at 88 Copps Hill Road, Buchanan. Clients are asked to remain in their cars and food orders will be delivered to them. Additionally, clients are asked to wear masks, practice social distancing, and use proper hand hygiene while visiting the pantry. These measures will help to keep everyone safe as food is picked up. The pantry is a partner with Feeding America Southwest Virginia and distributes USDA food on the third Saturday of each month to clients.
Mill Creek VBS starts Sunday
Mill Creek Baptist Church will be hosting “Treasured” Vacation Bible School from Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22. At “Treasured,” kids discover God’s greatest treasure isn’t diamonds, gems, or gold – it’s them! Treasured VBS is for kids from age 3 through fifth grade and will run from 6 to 8 each evening. Online registration and more information is available on the church website www.millcreekbc.com. Mill Creek Baptist Church is located at 11475 Lee Highway, Fincastle.
VBS July 19-23 at St. Mark’s UMC
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in Daleville will have Vacation Bible School July 19-23 from 9-11:30 a.m. each day. The theme is “God’s Big World” and will be held outdoors for Covid-19 Safety. Washing hands and hand sanitizing will be done frequently. Children can wear masks for extra safety if desired. To register your child/children for the week, go to the church website: stmarksmethodist.com
Upcoming events at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church:
- Pleasant Hill Baptist will be hosting a Family Fun Day on Saturday, July 31. Children’s activities include a petting zoo, games, water slides, face painting and more. Adults will be participating in Bingo after 3 p.m. and a bluegrass concert at 6 p.m. All are invited.
- PHBC will be holding a special Teacher Appreciation Service on Sunday, August 8 at 11 a.m. All teachers are welcome. Lunch will be provided. To sign up for the luncheon, call the church office at 992-5556.
- The Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Missions Team is collecting school supplies during July and August to benefit Breckinridge and Greenfield Elementary students. You may drop off donations during normal worship times or by calling the office at 992-5556 to set up a time.
Bible Time July 18-21 at Colonial Baptist
It’s Bible Time…almost. It’s just days until Colonial Bible Time…or “VBS on Steroids!” This year’s Bible Time is for children only – ages 4 to grade 6. A teen event will be scheduled later. Mark your calendars for fun at “Big Fish Bay” July 18-21 from 6:45 to 8:30 p.m. Colonial Baptist Church is located at 221 Hillcrest Street in Blue Ridge. Call 977-5683 for more information.
Joyful Journey Travel Club upcoming trips
The Joyful Journey Travel Club of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in Daleville invites the public to join them on their journeys. All ages are welcome. Contact Julia Greer at 540-330-7933 or visit the St. Mark’s UMC website for more information.
- Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, September 21-24; $559 double occupancy ($748 single); includes three nights lodging, three breakfasts, three dinners; four shows – Country Tonite Theatre, Smoky Mountain Opry, Charlie Bob Smith Morning Variety Show, Hatfields & MccCoys Feud; Titanic Museum, Smoky Mountain Tour, visit to Alcatraz East Crime Museum, The Island, free time in downtown Gatlinburg, luggage handling, tax and meal gratuities, motorcoach transportationand driver’s tip.
- Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theater, December 1, $82.50 per person; includes Christmas matinee dinner, show “Christmas in the Mountains,” motorcoach transportation and driver’s tip.
Colonial Baptist Upward Soccer registration open
Colonial Baptist Church in Blue Ridge is registering now for the fall Upward Soccer program for boys and girls, K4-5th grade, in Botetourt, Bedford, and Roanoke areas. Register online at https://registration.upward.org/UPW80226. Cost per child is $75 and includes uniform, all club costs and awards. The last date to register is July 24. Evaluations are Friday, July 16 from 6-8 p.m. and Saturday, July 24 from 9 a.m.-noon (choose one evaluation to attend). Practices begin the week of August 23. Games will be held on Saturdays, Sept. 11 through Oct. 30. Register today to reserve your spot. Practices and games are held on the CBC Athletic Fields at 221 Hillcrest Street in Blue Ridge. Call 977-5683 for more information.