Back-to-School Day this Saturday at Solomon’s Mission
Solomon’s Mission will hold its annual Back-to-School Day on Saturday, July 31 from 9 a.m-1 p.m. Children must be present to receive free school supplies, backpacks, hygiene supplies and clothing. All will receive a free meal. Organizers will receive 30 folks at a time, with two 30-minute rotation stations.
There will be outside fun for those waiting. The Botetourt Sheriff’s Department will have its SWAT vehicle, a deputy car and a dunking booth. The Buchanan Lions Club will have rock painting. Solomon’s will have the Hammer Slam, coloring, chalk art and snow cones.
Bonsack Baptist WEEC consignment sale August 14
Bonsack Baptist Weekly Early Education Center will hold a consignment sale from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 14 in the Community Life Center, 4845 Cloverdale Road. Items, from newborn to teen, and maternity, will include clothing, toys, games, furniture, baby equipment and nursery décor.
For more information, visit the website, bonsacksonsignment.wix.com/bonsackconsignment, or email email@example.com.
Upcoming events at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church:
- Pleasant Hill Baptist will be hosting a Family Fun Day on Saturday, July 31. Children’s activities include a petting zoo, games, water slides, face painting and more. Adults will be participating in Bingo after 3 p.m. and a bluegrass concert at 6 p.m. All are invited.
- PHBC will be holding a special Teacher Appreciation Service on Sunday, August 8 at 11 a.m. All teachers are welcome. Lunch will be provided. To sign up for the luncheon, call the church office at 992-5556.
- The Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Missions Team is collecting school supplies during July and August to benefit Breckinridge and Greenfield Elementary students. You may drop off donations during normal worship times or by calling the office at 992-5556 to set up a time.
Joyful Journey Travel Club upcoming trips
The Joyful Journey Travel Club of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in Daleville invites the public to join them on their journeys. All ages are welcome. Contact Julia Greer at 540-330-7933 or visit the St. Mark’s UMC website for more information.
- Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, September 21-24; $559 double occupancy ($748 single); includes three nights lodging, three breakfasts, three dinners; four shows – Country Tonite Theatre, Smoky Mountain Opry, Charlie Bob Smith Morning Variety Show, Hatfields & MccCoys Feud; Titanic Museum, Smoky Mountain Tour, visit to Alcatraz East Crime Museum, The Island, free time in downtown Gatlinburg, luggage handling, tax and meal gratuities, motorcoach transportationand driver’s tip.
- Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theater, December 1, $82.50 per person; includes Christmas matinee dinner, show “Christmas in the Mountains,” motorcoach transportation and driver’s tip.