Several non-profits in Botetourt County are among the dozens in the Roanoke Valley that are hoping folks are in a giving mood today, March 14.
They are accepting contributions online from individuals and businesses until midnight today as part of the third Roanoke Valley Gives, a valley-wide, online day of giving.
Foundation for Roanoke Valley (FRV) coordinates Roanoke Valley Gives.
This innovative online fundraising event encourages Roanoke Valley residents to donate as much money as possible in support of their favorite local charities in just 24 hours. Among the Botetourt County-based non-profits are:
- Addy Grace Foundation that is raising funds to build an all-abilities playground at the new Botetourt Family YMCA in Daleville.
- Botetourt Education Foundation that provides support for a variety of programs and initiatives in the school division.
- Botetourt Family YMCA that is being built at Daleville Town Center to provide family recreation and support for community activities.
- Christian Free Clinic in Botetourt Inc. that provides free health and dental care at Fincastle Baptist Church
- Daleville Institute Inc. that raises funds during seasonal, weekly concerts and festivals at Daleville Town Center. Those funds are distributed to a variety of non-profits in Botetourt.
- League for Animal Protection, a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter
- New Freedom Farm, a facility and program that provides “Healing Humans through Horses” for veterans suffering from PTSD/TBI, depression, anxiety, substance abuse and secondary trauma.
- Orchard Hills Achievement Center Inc. that provides educational, physical and spiritual support for children with limited resources through partnership with area churches, businesses and community volunteers.
To entice people to give, the RFV has again raised tens of thousands of dollars in the form of sponsorships to be awarded as incentive prizes throughout the day, such as for the organizations that raise the most money.
Roanoke Valley Gives continue until 11:59 p.m. today.
Donors can go online to rvgives.givebig.org to support their favorite Roanoke Valley nonprofits.
Foundation for Roanoke Valley is the community foundation serving this region. It has worked for 29 years to administer and make grants from hundreds of named endowment funds on behalf of the community.
For more information, visit www.foundationforroanokevalley.org.