Read Mountain Sundae Sundays continue
Read Mountain Fire and Rescue Annual Sundae Sundays continue this month from from 4-8 p.m. every Sunday. One scoop of ice cream is $2 and additional scoops are $1; banana splits are $4 and all toppings are free.
Virginia Wildlife Center at libraries this week
Botetourt County Library’s Summer Reading Program weekly activities continues this week with a movie and ice cream at each library.
The Pete and Sam Puppet Show will be at the Eagle Rock and Buchanan Libraries on Wednesday, July 12. The show is at the Buchanan Library at 11 a.m. and in Eagle Rock at 2 p.m. The puppet show is at the Blue Ridge and Fincastle Libraries on Thursday, July 13. It will be in Fincastle at 11 a.m. and at Blue Ridge at 2 p.m.
Mountain Castles Soil and Water Conservation District education leader Tim Miller is bring a program titled Hoots & Hiccups to the libraries July 19 and 20. He’ll be sharing amazing facts about Virginia owls.
On Wednesday, July 19, the program is at the Buchanan Library at 11 a.m. and the Eagle Rock Library at 2 p.m. On Thursday, July 20, Miller will be at the Blue Ridge Library at 11 a.m. and at the Fincastle Library at 2 p.m.
Upcoming programs include:
- July 26-27- The magic of Michael Chamberlin.
Contact information for each library is as follows:
- Blue Ridge Library, 928-2900
- Buchanan Library, 928-3005
- Eagle Rock Library, 928-2800
- Fincastle Library, 928-2700
YMCA fundraiser at Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut in Daleville will host a “Celebrity Tip Night” from 4-9 p.m. Tuesday, July 18 to benefit the YMCA. The Botetourt office staff will be the servers. All tips and donations will go toward YMCA programs. The event is dine-in only.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
- Third Fridays – Buchanan’s Third Fridays Block Party & Cruise In is July 21 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in downtown Buchanan. Enjoy a free concert, beer garden, kids’ activities, antique auto cruise in and more. Be sure to take advantage of extended hours being offered by the downtown restaurants and shops. Visitors can also stroll through the Community Market or take part in the Community Market (call 254-1212, Ext. 4 for details).
- Reggae by the River – Buchanan holds its third annual Raggae by the River on Saturday, July 22 with live bands featuring Shore Fire and Lazy Man Dub Band. There will also be kids’ activities, T-shirts, a beer garden and more.
Barnett’s ‘Finding What Has Been Lost’ at Fincastle Library
Judy Barnett will be at the Fincastle Library with “Finding What Has Been Lost, The African American Story in Botetourt County” from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday, July 14.
‘Sundaes on Sunday’ at Eagle Rock
The Eagle Rock Fire and Rescue Department is having “Sundaes on Sunday” again this summer. The remaining dates are July 9, August 13 and September 10 from 3-6 p.m. Twelve toppings, whipped cream and cherries will be available. The members will also be serving hot fudge brownies and banana splits. The first scoop for sundaes is $2, and additional scoops are $1; hot fudge brownies are $5 and banana splits, $6.