Movie at the libraries
The Botetourt County Libraries will show the film “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” in April.
This spin-off of the Harry Potter franchise jumps back in time to explore the wizarding world of 1926. An author studying fantastic beasts arrives in New York City and gets caught up in a larger conflict when some of the creatures in his care are accidentally released.The movie is rated PG-13 and is not intended for young children. The film runs for 133 minutes.
Show times are: Saturday, April 1 at 10 a.m. – Eagle Rock; Thursday, April 6 at 4 – Blue Ridge; Wednesday, April 19 at 4 – Fincastle’ and Thursday, April 20 at 4 – Buchanan. All movies are free and snacks will be provided.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
- Arbor Day Donations – On Friday, April 7 at 11 a.m. Buchanan will hold its 10th annual Arbor Day Celebration as a Tree City USA Community. The public is invited to be part of Buchanan’s efforts to help keep the Chesapeake Bay clean as the town plants trees on the Buchanan Town Park to help reduce runoff into the adjacent James River. The town is also accepting donations for the purchase and maintenance of trees. If you wish to make a donation call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212 or check the town website at www.townofbuchanan.com
- Garden Vendors Wanted – The Town of Buchanan is accepting garden vendor applications for the third annual Buchanan Garden Festival scheduled for Saturday, May 13. Applications are available online at www.townofbuchanan.com or from the Buchanan Town Hall. If you have “garden-themed” items including plants, flowers, outdoor living, handmade crafts, antiques or art with a flower or garden theme, this event offers an opportunity to display and sell those items. For additional information, contact the Buchanan Downtown Revitalization Program at 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Buchanan Easter Egg Hunt – The community’s second annual Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday, April 8 at 11 a.m. on the Buchanan Town Park. Bring your camera to take a picture with the Easter Bunny. If you wish to make a donation to help purchase candy to fill eggs, call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- Civil War History Weekend – The Town of Buchanan is accepting Civil War Weekend applications for re-enactors, sutlers and vendors for the upcoming Civil War History Weekend scheduled for April 28, 29 and 30. Applications are available online at www.townofbuchanan.com or from the Buchanan Town Hall. For additional information, contact the Buchanan Downtown Revitalization Program at 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Easter Coconut Cake Orders – The Buchanan Town Improvement Society is selling coconut cakes for Easter. A 6” layer cake is $15 and an 8” layer cake is $25. To order a cake, call 254-1525 by Saturday, April n1. Make checks payable to Buchanan Town Improvement Society and mail payment to: Marilyn McMunigal, 440 Ezra Drive, Buchanan, 24066. Pick up of cakes is on Friday, April 14. All proceeds go towards the upkeep of the historic Wilson Warehouse/Community House.
- Second Sunday Dinner – The community is invited to enjoy dining in the historic Wilson Warehouse on Sunday, April 9 from noon to 2 p.m. Dine-in and carry-out meals are $10 per person with proceeds going toward maintenance of the historic Wilson Warehouse/Community House.
Pizza Hut tip night for Relay
There will be a Relay for Life tip night at the Daleville Pizza Hut Tuesday, April 4 from 4-9 p.m. Dine in and carry out are available.
All donations and tips will go to Relay For Life Botetourt. There will be T-shirts and baked good for sale also.
Wildflower program at Buchanan Library
Ellen Holtman, a Roanoke Master Gardening volunteer, will be at the Buchanan Library on April 13 at 10 a.m. to present a program on wildflowers. She will be talking about native wildflowers in Virginia. The free wildflower program is sponsored by the Friends of the Buchanan Library and everyone is invited. The library is located at 19795 Main Street, 928-3005.