Daleville/Fincastle Lions Club meetings
Daleville/Fincastle Lions Club members meet at 12 noon on the first and third Wednesday of each month at The Glebe. The next meetings will be on March 1 and 15. The club welcomes anyone interested in serving the community. If you would like more information, contact Lion Marian Bullard. (540) 581-4682.
Garden planning, planting program in Buchanan
Master Gardener Volunteer Donna Haley will be at the Buchanan Library on March 3 at 1 p.m. with a program on “Planning Your Spring Garden.” It ‘s time to start planning and then planting a vegetable garden so that you are able to enjoy the vegetables of spring and early summer. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Buchanan Library. The library is located at 19795 Main Street; 928-3005. The program is free and everyone is invited.
Fincastle Library February programs
The Fincastle Library has announced the following February programs:
• Preschool Story Hour for children ages 2 and up every Wednesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Baby and Toddler Storytime for ages 6 months-2 years every Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m.
• Fincastle Pokémon Gym every Sunday from 3-5:30 p.m.
• Second Tuesday Book Club for children in grades 4-8
• Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 4 p.m. This month, “Inkheart” by Cornelia Funke will be discussed. Refreshments provided. February date has been changed to the third Tuesday due to scheduling conflict.
• Teen Tuesday Book Club for teens and young adults ages 14 and up. Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 4 p.m. Check out a copy of “The Selection” by Kiera Cass, which will be discussed at the second meeting. Refreshments provided.
• Backyard Botetourt, Monday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. A free monthly presentation by Mountain Castles Soil and Water Conservation District and the Valley Conservation Council.
• Adult Coloring. Thursday, Feb. 23 from 5-7 p.m. A fun, relaxing activity for creative minds. Bring your own coloring books, colored pencils, etc. If you do not have these available, you can borrow some at the library.
• Movie “Secret Life of Pets,” Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 4 p.m. This movie showing is free and refreshments will be provided. Rated PG. Runtime: 90 minutes
• Buchanan Lions Club – Members meet at 6:30 p.m. at North Star Restaurant on Thursday, Feb. 23.
• Garden Vendors Wanted – The Town of Buchanan is accepting garden vendor applications for the third annual Buchanan Garden Festival scheduled for Saturday, May 13. Applications are available online at www.townofbuchanan.com or from the Buchanan Town Hall. If you have “garden-themed” items including plants, flowers, outdoor living, handmade crafts, antiques or art with a flower or garden theme, this event offers an opportunity to display and sell those items. For additional information, contact the Buchanan Downtown Revitalization Program at 254-1212, Ext. 4.
• Acoustic Endeavors Concert – Buchanan will welcome Acoustic Endeavors to the stage of the historic Buchanan Theatre on Saturday, Feb. 25. Known for their original bluegrass music, the band has been delighting crowds since 1992. Fans enjoy the band’s personalized style of performance and heartfelt original bluegrass music performed by band members Warren Amberson, Kelly Green, Dewey Peters and Greg Honeycutt. Doors will open at 7 p.m. with the concert beginning at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $15.
• Pancake Supper – Discover an old-time tradition as families used up their extra food supplies before Lent on “Fat Tuesday.” Trinity Episcopal Church invites the public to enjoy a pancake supper on Tuesday, Feb. 28 from 5-7 p.m. Cost of the meal is $7 for adults, children 11 and under are free. The menu includes homemade pancakes and maple syrup, sliced ham, fresh cut pineapple and oranges, and beverage. Dine in or carry out
• Buchanan Special Events Committee Meeting – The public is invited to join the committee as it works out details for upcoming activities such as the Buchanan Garden Festival, Third Fridays Block Parties and more. Members will meet Wednesday, March 8 at 7 p.m. in the Buchanan Town Hall. For additional information call 254-1212, Ext. 4.
Buchanan Book Club meeting
The Buchanan Library Book Club will meet again at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 1, in the library meeting room. Members will each share the humorous books chosen for this month’s reading. Anyone interested is invited to join, event if they have not read a book of this type. The librarian has pulled some books and set them aside for a quick read. Refreshments will be served.