Toys for Bot-e-Tots fundraiser
Toys 4 Bot-e-Tots will hold a fundraiser on November 28 at the Daleville Pizza Hut from 4-9 p.m.
All tips and donations will be used to adopt Angels in Botetourt County.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand to meet with the children. Customers are invited to bring cameras and get pictures with Santa.
Baked goods also will be available for sale.
Eagle Rock Library events for November
Eagle Rock Library has scheduled the following activities in November:
- Kids Lego Club meets Mondays at 2:45 a.m.
- Storytime on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. with stories, songs and interactive story boards.
- Poached from Penterest Fall Series, Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- Quilty Pleasures and Knit Wits, Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m. Join the group as it shares ideas and learns new skills.
- Eclectic Readers Book Club meets Thursday, Nov. 30 at 11 a.m. This month, “The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom.
- Loose Threads, A Lifewriting Story Circle, Saturday, Nov. 30 from 1-2:30 p.m. Learn how to craft memoirs. No prior writing experience required. Call to register, 928-2800.
Cookbooks for sale at library
Cookbooks, sponsored by Friends of the Eagle Rock Library, are now available. “Hometown Favorites” are $10 and may be obtained at the library.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
- Buchanan Tree Lighting – Buchanan kicks off the Christmas holiday season on Saturday, Nov. 25 with the community’s 22nd annual Tree Lighting Ceremony beginning at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall. Enjoy joining in carols, welcoming Santa, an official countdown and lighting followed by pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus, as well as the Merchant Open House with light refreshments. For additional information contact the Buchanan Downtown Revitalization Program at 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Buchanan Christmas Community Market– Saturday, Dec. 9, open to the public 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Fee is $5 for a 10’x10’ space. Set up is 9 a.m. in the BB&T parking lot next to the Buchanan Theatre. Organizers are looking for a blend of unique quality items including handmade crafts, baked goods, art, antiques and live greens. Vendors supply their own tables and canopies. The event is rain or shine. For information, call 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Polar Express Movie – The Buchanan Town Improvement Society invites families to the Buchanan Theatre on Saturday, Dec. 9 following the Buchanan Christmas Parade for a showing of Polar Express. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 and children under 5 will be admitted free. Be sure to bring a blanket and wear your pajamas. Admission includes hot chocolate and cookies.
Eagle Rock Book Club Dec. 9
Eagle Rock Library’s Genre Book Club will meet Saturday, Dec. 9 at 11 a.m. All are invited to join the group as it continues the study of Appalachia through literature, and to check out the wide selection of books, music and DVDs relating to Appalachia at the front desk. Call 928-2800 for more information.
Library’s Jingle Bell Jamboree
The Fincastle Friends of the Library will be sponsoring a unique opportunity to shop local and support the library at the same time, with their first annual art and crafts fair on December 1 and 2.
The Jingle Bell Jamboree will feature local artists, craftsmen, and an author. They will be displaying and selling their creative works for two days, during the normal operating hours of the library.
Items will include: fine art, jewelry, pottery, wreaths, quilts, Scandinavian Trolls, fabric baskets, cards, ornaments, felted items, books and food.
The Friends of the Library will have a table as well, offering craft items donated by the employees of the library and others. The proceeds from this table will benefit the library’s children’s programs, including the Summer Reading Program.
Times are Friday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, Dec. 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is free.
For more information, call the library at 928-2700.
Eagle Rock Library tree lighting
The Eagle Rock Library will hold a Christmas tree lighting on Monday, Dec. 4. The event runs from 6-7:30 p.m. with Santa Claus, cookies, music and crafts. The library is located at 55 Eagles Nest Drive. For more information, call 928-2800.