The historical Farm Supply Store in Eagle Rock collapsed on the evening of Nov. 22. This building was built in 1917 by the Moore Lime Company, which also owned and operated the nine lime kilns in the town that provided employment for many people in Botetourt County. In its day, this building not only incorporated a store on the first floor plus a company office but also provided apartments on the upper floor for many years.
According to a county representative, the structure has been posted and the building official has been working with the owner, who met a few potential companies on-site. Botetourt County officials recognize the risks with this structure in its current condition and continue working to get it taken care of as quickly as the code allows. The county will keep everyone apprised as things move forward.
~ Fincastle Herald staff report