The Aunspaugh House at 110 Church St. was built in 1850 and is among the homes on the Fincastle Holiday Home Tour Saturday.

Historic Fincastle Inc.’s Holiday Home Tour With Marketplace this Saturday will feature seven Fincastle area properties along with the Marketplace craft and art show at Fincastle Baptist Church.

Home Tour hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tickets are $15 ($12 for HFI members) and are available at the Marketplace at Fincastle Baptist Church, 7330 Roanoke Road (US 220), on Saturday. The Marketplace will be open from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.

Visitors may do some holiday shopping at the free Holiday Marketplace, which will feature handcrafted items from more than 40 regional artisans. Handcrafted wooden gifts, fabric crafts, toys and dolls, note cards, paintings, food items, soaps, pottery and jewelry are just some of the items offered at this year’s event.

The properties on the Home Tour cover more than two centuries of local history.

Properties on the Fincastle Holiday Home Tour include the Aunspaugh House, the Reinhardt-Luster House, the Dunbar-Thomas House, Monroe Street Bungalow, Walker House, Cloyd House and the Botetourt County Historical Museum.

Details and locations for the tour are:

Aunspaugh House,

Aunspaugh House, circa 1850, 110 Church St. It was owned by the Aunspaugh family, renowned as silversmiths – particularly for their coin silver spoons from the mid-1800s, The last family members to reside in the home were two Aunspaugh sisters who lived there into the 20th century. Over the years, the home was slowly renovated back to its original log structure as seen today. The current owner is a modern minimalist who has allowed the log home to speak for itself without excessive furnishings or embellishments, a concept which may truly reflect the way many of the townspeople’s ancestors originally lived.

Reinhardt-Luster House

Reinhardt-Luster House, circa 1880s, 210 Main St. The home was originally constructed to be a female academy for Fincastle. As a private residence, it was lovingly restored by John Lipscomb, with its entry, staircase, and high-ceilinged rooms beautifully brought to life. The current resident loves Christmas, and is pleased to display her large collection of crèches for the enjoyment of all.

Dunbar/Thomas House

Dunbar/Thomas House, built mid-2000s, 6595 Blue Ridge Turnpike. Built by local contractor William “Bud” Dunbar, this home features three master bedroom suites and an open floor plan. The current owners have furnished using family antiques— many of which were handmade in Botetourt County. Many other treasures will provide great viewing and great conversations, particularly for other locals who will be able to share memories.

Monroe Street Bungalow

Monroe Street Bungalow, circa 1865, 17 Monroe St. This unique home has two entry doors from its covered and welcoming front porch. Inside, visitors will be able to see the results of several additions and renovations that were performed over the years. However, the cozy warmth and ambiance remain as family antiques compliment the house’s history.

Botetourt County Museum

Botetourt County Museum, behind the Courthouse on Main Street. This year, the museum is featuring the return of its historic Hitchcock spinet piano from Williamsburg with a display of local musical memorabilia titled, “ A Joyful Noise.” Be sure to stop in and revel in the history of the area and of music through the years.

Walker House

Walker House, built 2003, 114 Misty Hills Lane: This home has a country look with porches both front and back, but the interior presents a more traditional style in furnishings and flow. Along with many family heirlooms, the Walkers could also be known as “Mr. & Mrs. Claus.” Their decorations bring light and joy as one journeys from room to room marveling at the décor. Make sure you travel out Country Club Rd. to visit this lovely home.

Cloyd House

Cloyd House, built in 1783, 5690 Roanoke Road. Built by Michael Cloyd, the home originally stood on Roanoke Road, but approximatel 3 miles south of its current location in Amsterdam. Once relocated, Richard and Lisa Farmer completely restored this rustic home, using as much of the original materials as could be salvaged. It served as the White Oak Tea Tavern for a number of years, and now offers short-term rentals.

Inco-Check