In the Trinity Area, off Route 670, located on what once was the old Rieley farm, this cemetery has been inventoried several times, the latest by Daryl Reed in 2018. Previous inventory showed 10 markers that were no longer visible, out of the known burials. Time has erased so much history in this and other family burial grounds.
Peter Shaver is believed to have established this cemetery, and his sons Charles and James were the earliest burials there in 1856. James has a visible marker, but Charles does not. Peter died in 1884 and his wife Mary Shaver died in 1889. Charles and Julia do not have markers but are proven to have been buried here. Peter Shaver held services at the Shaver School House located by US 220, which later became Trinity Lutheran Church and Trinity Cemetery.
The Shuey family is also there, John, Lewis, Mary and Sarah. Mary Ann Fluke was the wife of Lewis Shuey and she appears to be the last burial in this cemetery in 1909. In this family the only marker that remains is that of John, who was born in 1862 and died in 1885
A Sifford infant child of L. C. and Betty and an unknown marker are also there.
The Spigle family, Phillip, Susan and Cora, also had graves that were visible at an earlier reading, but are not to be found in 2018. Philip served in the Civil War in the 20th Battalion Heavy Artillery, and was a prisoner of war.
If anyone has proof or knowledge of other burials here please share with us at email@example.com