Radford City public schools is providing a summer feeding program. Breakfast ad lunches will be available for free to any child under the age of 18. For adults (18 and older), breakfast will be $2 and lunch will be $3.
RCPS will have a feed and read program for the month of July. This program will deliver lunches and books from the Children’s Lending Library to Riverbend and Fairfax Village neighborhoods using a RCPS bus.
Bobcat backpacks program will provide weekend bags of food for those in need. Bags will be available at the schools or on the reed and read bus on Thursdays.
The dates for the following programs are:
June 12-29, Monday-Thursday
• McHarg, Belle Heth – Breakfast 8:30-9:30 a.m., Lunch 11-12:30 p.m.
• DIS/RHS – Breakfast 7:30 a.m., Lunch 10:30 a.m.
July 5-Aug. 3, Monday-Thursday
• McHarg – Lunch 11-12:30 p.m.
• Bell Heth – Breakfast 8:30-9:30 a.m. Lunch 11-12:30 p.m.
• DIS/RIS – Breakfast 8:15-9:15 p.m. Lunch 11-12:15 p.m.
July 5-July 27, Monday-Thursday
• Riverbend – Feed and read bus 10:45-11:30 a.m.
• Fairfax Village – Feed and read bus 12-12:45 p.m.