Virginia Western Community College’s Workforce Solutions will host a pair of free open houses in January to provide information on how the school’s training programs can lead to a new career.
Workforce Solutions coordinators will be on hand to discuss specific short-term credential programs, future careers and potential funding assistance.
The open houses are Thursday, Jan. 5 and Thursday, Jan. 19 from 4-7 p.m. each day in the Thomas Center at the Virginia Western campus in Roanoke/
Virginia Western’s Workforce Solutions provides training at facilities located throughout the college’s service area to help individuals develop the skills they need to build a strong career.
Workforce Solutions works closely with business and industry partners to deliver customized training services and collaborate to benefit the economic development of the Roanoke Region.
Featured Workforce Solutions programs include:
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Quickbooks Classes
- SHRM Certification Prep Course
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Dental Radiation Safety Certification (Hybrid Course)
- Medical and Community Interpreter Training
- Medication Aide
- Pharmacy Technician Program
Industry & Skills
- Basic Manufacturing Skills
- CDL Training
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- ServSafe Food Safety Training
- Teacher Licensure (Career Switcher Program)
- Tradesman License Renewal
- VWCC Quick Connect: Welding & AWS Qualifications
To learn more, visit www.virginiawestern.edu.