- Town of Buchanan Kid’s Home Easter Bunny Visits – On Friday, March 26 from 4-5 p.m., the Easter Bunny will be making drive-by visits to families in the town limits who preregister. To register and get all of the details, call by Monday, March 22, 254-1212.
- Buchanan Easter Egg Hunt – The Town of Buchanan is accepting donations of plastic eggs and bags of individually wrapped candy for the Buchanan Easter Egg Hunt. Donations may be dropped at the Buchanan Town Hall. For additional information, call 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Buchanan Drive Thru Easter Egg Hunt – Due to COVID, the regular Buchanan Easter Egg Hunt will not take place; however, the town is hosting a Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt where families may drive through on the Buchanan Town Park on Saturday, March 27 from 11 a.m. until noon. After driving through, families may continue and stop at the Bunny Store for an additional prize COVID safety guidelines will be observed. No one with fever, or, symptoms of COVID-19 should attend. No one exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past 10 days should attend. Practice six-foot social distancing, and wear a face covering over nose and mouth at all activities.
- Buchanan Arbor Day – The town is accepting donations towards the purchase of trees for the town’s annual Arbor Day. Help plant the seeds of tomorrow today as Buchanan officials plant trees on the Town Park in an effort to reduce runoff to the adjacent James River, provide shade, spring and fall color, as well as food for wildlife. A donation form may be found in The Fincastle Herald and the town website. For more information, call 254-1212, Ext. 4.
- Buchanan Community Carnival Big Prize Tickets – Buchanan Community Carnival Big Prize Tickets are now available at the Buchanan Town Hall and many area businesses. Prizes will be drawn for every evening except Sundays, beginning July 1 continuing through July 10. For additional information, call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- Buchanan Town Clean Up Day –Saturday, April 17, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., rain or shine. A dumpster will be available on the parking lot at the Town Park on Lowe Street for town residents. Bring proof of town residency (water or tax bill or driver’s license). Each residence may bring two pickup truck loads or four car loads for free. Loads above that will be $5 per car load and $10 for a pickup truck load. No brush, leaves, tires, construction debris or toxic items including paint, oil, batteries, chemicals or pesticides. TVs, electronics and metal may be recycled at the landfill.
Appliances, furniture, other household items will be accepted for disposal. You must be able to lift items over head into a tall dumpster. For additional information, call the Buchanan Town Hall.
- Buchanan Spring Clean Up Adopt A Spot – Would you or your organization like to help clean a section of a street in town on Town Clean Up Day, Saturday, April 17? If so, call the Buchanan Town Hall for additional information at 254-1212