Buchanan Lego Club meets February 27
Buchanan Library’s Lego Club will meet February 27 from 4-5:30 p.m. This event is for kids 6 years and older. No sign-up required, kids will meet in the front room.
Knights of Columbus fish fries coming up
The Knights of Columbus fish fries are scheduled for February 28, March 13 and 27 from 5-7 p.m. at the Church of the Transfiguration, 7624 Roanoke Road, Fincastle. The meal, eat in or take out, consists of breaded flounder (optional chicken nuggets for children), sweet cornbread, fries, homemade slaw and desserts. Cost is $10 for ages 8 and older; ages 7 and under eat free. Advance tickets are not available. There also will be a 50/50 drawing. Proceeds will benefit local charities. For more information, call 540-904-3126.
Republican Women meeting March 3
The Botetourt County Republican Women’s Club will meet on Tuesday, March 3 in the Fincastle Library Meeting Room beginning at 6:30 p.m. There will be a guest speaker, Omari Faulkner, who will be collecting signatures to get on the ballot for US Senator. Men are welcome to attend and support the Botetourt County Republican Women.”
Retired Educators to meet at Mill Creek Baptist
The Botetourt Retired Educators will meet on Monday, March 9, at Mill Creek Baptist Church, 11475 Lee Highway, Fincastle. Registration will begin at 10:30 a.m. with the meeting starting at 11. Members may make donations to the Scholarship Fund and to the Book Fund at this meeting.
Tyler Painter, 4-H Agent for the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service, will be the guest speaker. Cost for the buffet lunch will be $15. Members should receive either a call or an email about the meeting. If you are not contacted and are interested in attending the meeting, contact Susan Martin (473-2636) by Monday, March 2. Membership in the BRE is eligible to all retired Botetourt County school personnel and to any retired school personnel living in the county.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
- Acoustic Endeavors Concert – Save the date of Saturday, Feb. 29 to enjoy a return visit by Acoustic Endeavors performing in the Buchanan Theatre. Admission is $10. Doors open at 7 p.m. with the concert beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Buchanan Arbor Day – Help Buchanan plant the seeds of tomorrow today through a donation to the Buchanan Arbor Day Tree Fund. To make a donation call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- Special Events Committee Meeting – Be part of Buchanan’s event planning, join us Wednesday, March 11 at 7 p.m. in the Meeting Room of the Buchanan Town Hall.
- Buchanan Civil War History Weekend – The town is accepting applications for re-enactors and sutlers for the Buchanan Civil War History Weekend for April 24, 25 and 26. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or http://www.townofbuchanan.com/buchanan-civil-war-history-weekend/.
- Buchanan Garden Festival Vendors – The town is accepting applications for garden-themed vendors for the Buchanan Garden Festival scheduled for Saturday, May 2. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or http://www.townofbuchanan.com/event/buchanan-garden-festival/.
- Buchanan Garden Festival Plein Air Paint Competition – The town is accepting applications for the Buchanan Garden Festival Plein Air Paint Competition scheduled for Saturday, May 2. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or, http://www.townofbuchanan.com/event/buchanan-garden-festival/.