Knights of Columbus fish fries coming up
The Knights of Columbus fish fries are scheduled for March 13 and 27 from 5-7 p.m. at the Church of the Transfiguration, 7624 Roanoke Road, Fincastle. The Knights are increasing the amount of fish so that they do not run out.
The meal, eat in or take out, consists of breaded flounder (optional chicken nuggets for children), sweet cornbread, fries, homemade slaw and desserts. Cost is $10 for ages 8 and older; ages 7 and under eat free. Advance tickets are not available. There also will be a 50/50 drawing. Proceeds will benefit local charities. For more information, call 540-904-3126.
Buchanan Dates To Remember
- Buchanan Arbor Day – Help Buchanan plant the seeds of tomorrow today through a donation to the Buchanan Arbor Day Tree Fund. To make a donation call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212.
- Special Events Committee Meeting – Be part of Buchanan’s event planning, join us Wednesday, March 11 at 7 p.m. in the Meeting Room of the Buchanan Town Hall.
- Buchanan Civil War History Weekend – The town is accepting applications for re-enactors and sutlers for the Buchanan Civil War History Weekend for April 24, 25 and 26. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or http://www.townofbuchanan.com/buchanan-civil-war-history-weekend/.
- Buchanan Garden Festival Vendors – The town is accepting applications for garden-themed vendors for the Buchanan Garden Festival scheduled for Saturday, May 2. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or http://www.townofbuchanan.com/event/buchanan-garden-festival/.
- Buchanan Garden Festival Plein Air Paint Competition – The town is accepting applications for the Buchanan Garden Festival Plein Air Paint Competition scheduled for Saturday, May 2. For additional information call the Buchanan Town Hall at 254-1212, Ext. 4, or, http://www.townofbuchanan.com/event/buchanan-garden-festival/.
‘Invasive Species’ topic of gardening program
The Friends of the Buchanan Library will welcome Roanoke Master Gardener Donna Haley back to the Buchanan Library for the first of three spring programs about gardening. On March 25 at 10 a.m., she will present a program on “Invasive Species.” New and experienced gardeners will learn about common plants that are invasive and why people need to recognize and control them in the landscape. Everyone is invited to the program and it’s free. The Buchanan Library is located at 19795 Main Street in Buchanan; 928-3005.
Paper airplane craft for kids March 19
The Buchanan Library will offer a paper airplane craft for ages 8 and up. The kids will meet March 19 from 4-6 p.m. in the Front Room. No sign up is required and all materials are provided.