Green for Life (GFL) Environmental is opening its Cloverdale Citizen Convenience Center to the public on Wednesday, June 1. Located at 2045 Lee Highway in Cloverdale, the facility will be the second of its kind in Botetourt County.
Developed through a partnership with the county, GFL will operate its Cloverdale facility Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
As you enter the site, a GFL attendant will direct you on how to dispose of your refuse (look for the workers in vests). Recycling will also be accepted at the center.
Rates to be charged for disposal of waste material at GFL Center are:
- $65 per ton, for under 2,000 lbs., then prorated at $65 per ton, greater than 1 ton, for any residential, construction and/or industrial waste
- $10 per pickup truck load, if less than 500 pounds to be disposed
- $5 per passenger carload, if less than 80 pounds to be disposed
- $3 per passenger car tire
- $10 per truck and tractor tire
- $5.25 per each appliances/white goods
* $22 per month for curbside trash collection – contact the waste hauler in your area.
- Recycling is free
GFL will accept major credit cards and checks for payment; cash will not be accepted. For information contact GFL at 540-992-6000 or by visiting the website.
The Botetourt County Convenience Center located at 259 Landfill Road will remain open to customers Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Wednesday and Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon.
For information about solid waste and recycling in Botetourt County, visit www.botetourtva.gov.