The Botetourt Farmers Market will be holding its annual Kids Day July 20 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. This year, the Farmers Market will be partnering with the YMCA, and will be located in the parking lot next to the Addy Grace playground. Admission is free.
“We believe that Kids Day shows children the significance of local nutritious food and how Botetourt County works together to make a strong community that supports our youth. We hope this will foster future traditions and memories that families can share for years to come,” Tara Colley, president of the Botetourt Farmers Market, said.
Here are a few of the extra activities/vendors that will be attending in addition to regular Farmers Market sellers:
- Chickens and small farm animals
- Blue Ridge PBS’ Big Bird Thunderbird car
- AEP bucket truck
- Fincastle Fire Station and fire engine
- Chandler Concrete and concrete truck
- Eagle Rock Library with their bookmobile and book walk
- Freedom First’ free ice cream truck
- Salem Red Sox with Mugsy mascot
- Musical “Petting Zoo” with instruments for children to try out
- Girl Scouts with nerf archery, plinko, and yard games
- Scavenger hunts and outdoor activities
Event T-shirts will also be available for both adults and youth.