Lawrence Companies employees recently completed a friendly food drive competition with the delivery of more than 2,000 food items to charitable organizations and food pantries throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
Lawrence Companies’ Food Drive has been an annual tradition at the transportation company for many years. This year’s goal was to generate more than 2,020 food donations. With food donations from employees at the company’s Roanoke campus, to business division branches throughout Virginia including Waynesboro, Lynchburg, Fishersville, Richmond, Suffolk and Ashland, as well as Greensboro,
N.C., Lawrence surpassed its goal.
Food drive donations were delivered to the following organizations:
– Roanoke Area Ministries (RAM House), Roanoke
– Roanoke Rescue Mission, Roanoke
– Northside High School Food Bank, Roanoke
– Harvest Ministries, Roanoke
– Wilson Elementary School Food Pantry, Fishersville
– Cedar Grove Church Food Bank, Greensboro, N.C.