Buchanan Santa Run December 12, 19
The Buchanan Volunteer Fire Department began its annual Santa Run on Saturday, Dec. 5 and continues on the next two Saturdays:
Santa will climb aboard a firetruck will visit the following neighborhoods from 5-7 p.m.:
• Saturday, Dec. 12: Culpepper Avenue, 17th Street, Albemarle Avenue, 13th Street, Spottswood, 16th Street, Boyd Street
• Saturday, Dec. 19: Old Mill/Water Street, Bridge Street North, 2nd Street, 3rd Street, 4th Street, Lowe Street, Main Street.
Rain dates will be the following Sunday from 5-7 p.m.
Fincastle Santa Run begins Monday
Remaining dates for the Fincastle Volunteer Fire Department Santa Run through December 13 are:
• Wednesday, Dec. 9 (6-9 p.m.): Nannie’s Market, Haymakertown Road to Stone Coal Road, Country Club Road, Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Brunswick Forge Road, the neighborhood of Misty Hills, Huff Road, Sprinkle Road and Ridge Trail
• Thursday, Dec. 10 (6-9 p.m.): Brughs Mill Road, Grist Mill Road, Marjorie Lane, Ammen Lane, Plantation Drive, Lugar Lane and Poor Farm Road
• Friday, Dec. 11 (6-11 p.m.): the Town of Fincastle and the neighborhood of Santillane
• Saturday, Dec. 12 (2 to 9 p.m.): 3:30 p.m.; Fincastle Firehouse; 4 p.m., the neighborhood of Walnut Manor, Blacksburg Road, Etzler Road and the neighborhoods of Woodridge and Dal-Nita Hills
• Sunday, Dec. 13 (starting at 1 p.m.): Makeup day and special requests – contact the FVFD on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the current pandemic, and by order of the governor, this year’s FVFD Santa Run will be practicing proper social distancing. This means that Santa and his elves/firefighters will remain on Engine 4 throughout the Santa Run, and ask that you remain at least six feet from the engine in order to comply with the governor’s orders. The schedule may change due to fire calls or weather.
TVFD Santa Run is December 13-17
The Troutville Volunteer Fire Department will be bringing a socially distant Santa Claus to area neighborhoods this holiday season. Santa will ride through area neighborhoods aboard one of the department’s fire trucks.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the firefighters will be unable to bring Santa inside any residences this year, leave the truck for pictures, or give out candy canes. While Santa’s visits are limited to the Troutville Fire Department’s primary run area, children are welcome at any of Santa’s destinations listed below. The firefighters plan on arriving at the first location on the list at 6 each evening and should end around 9 p.m. Keep in mind that the schedule may be adjusted in the event of emergency calls and inclement weather. For additional information or questions, call 966-8661 or email email@example.com.
• Sunday, Dec. 13: Troutville Town Park, Keswick Farms, Twin Oaks, Stoney Battery Road, Apple Orchard Road, Nace Road, Houston Mines Road, Diamond Crest
• Monday, Dec. 14: Greenfield Street, Island Green Road, Summit of Ashley, Hills of Ashley, Applewood Estates
• Tuesday, Dec. 15: Hollins Mobile Home Park, Reservoir Road, Autumn Wood, Chadwick Drive, Mountain Pass Road
• Wednesday, Dec. 16: Tinkerview Gardens, Medallion Hills, Wetherwood, Green Acres, College Apartments
• Thursday, Dec. 17: Cedar Ridge, Orchard Drive, Wendover Road, Daleville Town Center Apartments, Orchard Lake, Hollymeade, Jamestown