Troutville Volunteer Fire Department is holding an open house this Saturday, Oct. 5 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Free smoke detector registration from the Red Cross
- Fire station tours
- Pictures with “Sparky the Fire Dog”
- Live fire demonstration
- Vehicle extrication demonstration
- Free education materials
- Photo opportunities with fire trucks and equipment
- New volunteer applications on site
- Law enforcement equipment on display
Mountain Grille’s food truck will be on site for lunch options.
Sunset Avenue will be closed from Rt. 11 to School Drive and the firefighters ask that people park in the Town Park lot and utilize the crosswalks to access the station.